Reaped my Turker Reward

Today, I received a confirmation email from amazon that the rubbermaid container I ordered was on its way. Yey. At last, I was able to actually purchase something online -- no credit cards, no cash-out's. Yey (again).

See, I joined mturk (it's free) while I was researching way back on transcription. That took me to castingwords... and that took me mturk. What's funny is that I've never accepted a 'hit' (a.k.a. task) on transcription there. The hits that I've been accepting are those one-question surveys that pays a penny (and the occasional 'what's the best photo', 'rewrite this sentence' kind of hits). Yup... those pennies added up all right.

Since amazon and mturk are related, you can opt to have your turker earnings transferred to your amazon gift certificate balance -- you've got to open an account there, of course. It's free too.

Initially, I thought I can order a book once in a while (since used books are cheap there). But when you click on an item... the delivery charge will surprise you. I once clicked on a used book that cost a dime and then I saw that the delivery charge was $4-$5! Grabe.

Well, back to my rubbermaid container, it cost $2.50 with zero delivery charge. Yey! So, using my gift certificate, I ordered it yesterday and sent it to my sister in the US. I didn't have it delivered here because I've heard that deliveries to the Philippines can take months.

So, that's my gift to them... a food container. LOL! Oh, and I'll know next week if it actually arrives. Can't wait!
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Da said…
Update: They received it four days later! Yay!

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]