pldt dsl and gprs

Pldt dsl connection was terrible yesterday - from non-existent in the late afternoon to intermittent until I gave up and headed to bed.

Yesterday - After 2 hours of waiting for it to go back to normal, finally decided to call the pldt 171 hot-line at 8:00 pm. Dialed once, entered data that the recorded voice asked, and waited over 30 minutes until a real person answered.

CS Rep said that there was no advisory about problems in our area but there were some customer reports that came in that they had no working connections at all. Figured if I called earlier, I'd be one of them. But at that moment, we had sporadic but still useless bursts of connection. The CS Rep called it "intermittent" and that it would go on his report that the tech team will work on.

Quite pleasant conversation, actually. The rep didn't insist on troubleshooting which I've already done before calling, of course. Asking once was enough, glad he knew that. Besides, it was something totally out of my (and the rep's, obviously) control and it was a waste of energy to be stressed over the situation.

During those rare bursts of connection, I managed to get on twitter and search "pldt" suspecting that our case wasn't isolated. I was right. People were tweeting how their pldt dsl wasn't working or was so slow that afternoon and night. And when I managed to see "new tweets", it was the same complaints, and how they were glad to have another isp as back-up [rich].

Since my own back-up [globe tattoo] is a bust - I believe in my last post about it not being so useless anymore, that was a freak incident - and if I'm going to make any use of it, it's going to be as a micro sd thumb drive. Oh yeah, I don't have a micro sd memory card to use it with... waste.

One more thing, I used my cellphone to send an e-mail and it was excruciating to type a proper message with an alphanumeric keypad. What's more, writing it was taking so long that it was dropping the connection [it's on gprs - think slower than dial-up]. I had to save in drafts four times just so I don't lose all the time and work that went to typing it.

Total time used in creating and sending one e-mail with mobile gprs: approx 40 minutes [it flew by so fast, I honestly didn't realize it at the time - blast you alphanumeric keypad!]. Total credits spent to create and send one e-mail: over P100 [with all the draft-saving and re-connecting, ugh]. Did it so I could sleep well that night: worth it [with some cursing on the side].

Back to today - So, it's fixed. I've finally caught up on some work. Head still spinning a bit, thinking that I must be missing something. Will calm down and sort stuff out later. It is a pain how a day of missed work can mess up one's rhythm.

*update* Well, it's not totally fixed yet. It's sluggish but workable.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]