guitar salesman

turon
turon merienda

I'm mastering a couple of my favorite songs on the acoustic guitar and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. Truth is, I would've stopped if I didn't and I would've been sad. I do accept that my playing is not very good 'cause I can't press the strings well enough but with what strength I have... I'm happy. And I'm playing for me.

Picked up the guitar again after almost 20 years. I wanted an electric guitar so I can produce a cleaner sound (easier to press) but the new, good ones were out of my budget. So, I settled for a smaller acoustic guitar that the salesman called the "classic." It's smaller than a full-size acoustic guitar. It has nylon strings (easier to press).

When he showed me the "classic," he said, "Pero di ka makaka-rock dito." I don't know why he mentioned that to me, like he knew what I wanted. Imagine a small-ish woman in a wheelchair with a nice blue dress and white cotton sweater on. He didn't stereotype ... Ah, he's good. Or maybe he says that to everybody. He then tuned it and played, "Fast Car." The Classic guitar has a gentler tone.

I asked about the kid-size ones with steel strings but he straight out said, "Ay... wag yan." I later found out that those kids' guitars sound "tinny" and sharp. Buti nalang.

The guitar salesman knew what he was talking about. He plays. I saw his fingers. He's been playing for a very, very, very long time. Sold.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]