Bank Queue and Chitchat

So I went back to the bank yesterday. And no, I didn't struggle with their slippery floor this time. Unfortunately, the bank was packed because only one teller was working with the customers. I think their computer server went down or something because a boss (she looked like a boss) was walking around, clicking her high heels, and going around the terminals with a couple of guys following her.

Anyway, there were two men talking to the lady who I came to see so I took my place in line. I did not hover over the lady and the men in front of me so there was quite a gap between us. A couple of boys came and stood behind me so we made a queue -- which was the proper thing to do.

Another boy arrived and stood close to the lady-clerk. I thought that that did not look good and that he should go to the end of our line. At that point, the men got up and this boy just swept in and talked to the clerk! He stole my place in line!

After that offensive and displeasing thing, the dolt left and I took my turn. After that, I found that I had to go to the teller and make a deposit -- oh, goody! So, I took a number and I was #21. It would've been fine except that the teller called #45 (the last number is 50 so obviously, they've recycled the numbers).

The wait resulted in chitchat with another customer who's been waiting for three hours already. She was getting frustrated (I think most of the people there were getting angry too). But we had a bit of a laugh when we made fun of the other customer who she chatted with. Turns out this other person had a bunch of bills to deposit so when his number was called, we said that that was going to take longer because the teller had to hand-count it all. That was funny.

A few minutes later, a lady-clerk took pity on me - and my measly deposit - and said that she'd receive it so I did not have to wait in line. That was wonderful of her. So, we were in and out of there in less than an hour and that's that.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]