Weather, Funny Typos and Luggage

Earlier this week, there were a couple of afternoon and morning drizzles. The news reported that there was a storm in the area. Nada, nil, zip... zero storm. But it was cool for a while then... but it was brief.

I only wished that it would rain. I don't want a storm, of course, for the simple reason that the power might go out. And you know how that could affect my online WAHJ's -- very badly.

But now, we're back to warm and humid weather again. And my hair clamp broke too so my long hair's covering the back of my neck now and the heat's giving me a headache. And I don't have anything to tie my hair back too... Oh, the misery. Right, I'd better stop complaining about that. lol!

Yesterday - yes, I was able to submit my transcript in time (two minutes before the deadline!) - as I was going over my work, I discovered funny typos that would've been really embarrassing had I not corrected them before the editors got to them. Now, I forget... OK, I'm going to think of all the other funny typos that I've managed to catch in my earlier work.

Segway -- ACK, I was mortified! That should've been "segue". Glad I caught that! lol!

Preposition -- it's not really a typo but the client meant "proposition". Yeah, they sounded alike. That's why we have to go over the work to proofread it too. lol! We can't fully rely on spellcheck for those kinds of things.

Wow -- OK, again, it's not a typo but it should've been "WoW" like "I walked in and he was playing WoW!" WoW, that's 'world of warcraft' and gamers know this. I love and miss WoW... I've got to get an installer. Actually, this wasn't my typo but it's from another transcriber whose work I edited.

Wait, I guess it is a typo if it isn't what the speakers are really saying. Right. See, different spellings and meanings - same pronounciation. [sigh]

I can't remember anything else right now.

Oh, here's my client's luggage that I was talking about.



See how lousy my mobile's VGA camera is?

Well, OK. It isn't really "luggage". It's a BIG bag. And right at the bottom there are the receipts that I have to sort out and summarize. And inside the bag are other accounting documents in a folder. So, there's my pen and paper WAH job.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]