new mouse problem ms wireless 3500

I made an entry last week {Jan 5th}. I didn't post it then because the next day {Jan 6th}, the mouse came back to life. I took the battery out that night and when I put it back in the next day, it worked again.

5th Jan 2012 - technological problem! thumbs down, new mouse; it was great when it worked. i was prepared to take on this battery hog but then it quits on me 1 month and 3 batteries later; so much for trying to get rid of cables. this ms mouse 3500 just turned me off all wireless stuff for the desktop. who knows how long i'll feel this way about it {drama}.

I used a newly-bought "energizer advanced" alkaline then {over 100 pesos for a two-battery pack}. When I turned the mouse on on Jan 6th, the yellow power-indicator lit up a little longer before it faded and the mouse worked fine.

I am taking notes because earlier today, January 11th, the mouse's power-indicator lit red before it faded {meaning the battery's running low}. January 6th-11th, that's 6 days. I used the mouse longer than normal yesterday though, but still... do I need rechargeable batteries now?

So here's what's pissing me off tonight: I put in a fresh battery and the power-indicator lit yellow before it faded {as usual}. The mouse worked fine until I turned it off for a little while to do something else. When I turned it back on, the power-indicator did not light up at all {but the blue light at the bottom shone brightly as ever}. After troubleshooting - battery, power cycle, usb port, etc... the yellow light still did not come; even the red light was a no-show.

At this point, I figure what worked last Jan. 5th/6th might work again {taking the battery out overnight} but I will not know for sure until tomorrow. So I put my old, rickety, ps/2 mouse back - it's so obvious how its quality falls flat compared to ms wireless 3500, but at least the ps/2 mouse is working!

Until I get this ms 3500 wireless mouse issue sorted {is it just because this particular mouse is buggy?}, I will have to keep the ps/2 attached for back-up, indefinitely. Hopefully, two mice attached at the same time will not cause any problems.

So much for trying to get rid of clutter.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]