Payment of WAHJ's and Other Opps

I've got different 'work at home' jobs (WAHJ's) and a few other Internet opps that I'm managing. And after seeing what's required in each of them, the next important question that I ask is - how do I receive my pay?

There's no comparison to cold hard cash up front -- a couple of my clients provide that. Another one is direct deposit to the bank that my transcription client does.

But what if your client only sends pays through electronic transfers and international checks? Ah, that's where I got stumped when I started using Internet for WAHJ's.

Forums are good sources for finding out how payments of Internet jobs and opportunities are carried out -- and if they are actually received. It's great that people share their experiences with so-and-so transfers. That way, others learn from it and can decide if that's for them.

As far as my own research goes, these are common details that I know and that are applicable as of this time. But before anything else, this is one GENERAL "what to do" in this case -- be sure that the name you use with any of these services is the same name that shows in your valid ID.

OK, on with the list...

PayPal - It's been active in the Philippines for some time now and you can receive and send money through it. But here's the kicker - if you don't have a credit card or debit card, do NOT use this.

It's because a valid credit card or debit card is what's used to verify your account. Sure, you can register and all that, but you can't make any sending or withdrawing transactions unless your account is verified. So, skip this if you have neither a CC nor a DB.

Moneybookers - Registering here is easy just like in PayPal. But what's more practical is that you must have a credit card, debit card or bank account to make transactions. So if you have neither a CC nor a DB, just a open a bank account and you'll be set. At least, that's what I hope. From what I've read so far, they'd verify your account by sending a snail mail to your registered address. I'll see how this goes...

I just added a bank account to my Moneybookers and will find out later if I can successfully withdraw to it (from moneybookers to bank). Some people in the forums have said that it's worked with just an account for them. I'll find out soon enough if it'll work with me.

BUT the bank must have an accredited Swift code to be valid for Moneybookers services. That's like, international codes for institutions accredited for electronic transactions. Call your bank for that or go to the Swift website to get your bank's identifier code (BIC). See, banks generally have BICs but there are a few that aren't accredited. Accredicted Swift BICs have blue background behind one of their qualification numbers or something.

International Checks - I have a US check here that I did not encash because 1) news that their checks bounced scared me - charges for that were like $40! 2) I cannot endorse checks in my name to another person who has a dollar account -- it's generally, not allowed. 3) I don't have a dollar account. lol! And 4) some banks don't allow international checks to be deposited in one's peso account. But some do unless you have like a consistent ten-year relationship with them or something.

But there's still hope for encashing international checks -- that is, money changers. Not all money changers do this but a few do. It's just a matter of finding them. And they exchange the value of your international check to pesos at a (certainly) lower rate too. But this type of money changers is hard to come by, I can't stress that fact enough.

Western Union (international) and Kwarta Padala (local) are great because that's liquid (in accounting lingo, that is) cash right off the bat. There's a fee if you use the former and there's none in the latter. That's about it.

Sigh.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

marcopolo said…
I'm astonished nobody commented on Your very interesting and ACCURATE posting!

Especially about PayPal and Moneybookers.

I too cannot use PayPal, but for a different reason still: I'm a Belgian expat living in Portugal.
PayPal requires a bank relation of the country where you RESIDE. My bank accounts are located in my country of CITIZENSHIP, viz. Belgium.

Your description of Moneybookers' advantages is accurate, I'm just wondering what Your experiences are, since mine are very POSITIVE, so much I actually promote it to OFFLINE (mortar & brick shops) commercial entities, like netcafe's, cultural associations, etc.

FYI I'm very interested in YOUR experience with them and would like
to exchange more ideas of promoting a - as far as I'm concerned - very easy and extremely quick money transfer service.

em.Prof.Dr.M.Plancke (BE/PT)
p.s. You could register as a freelance provider of services - by using Moneybookers - at:
http://www.eufreelance.com/affiliates/marc0p
Da said…
Why, thank you very much! :D

Like yours, my Moneybookers experience has been very positive too. I've had no complaints and is willing to use it again if it comes up as an option in future transactions.

Thanks for the freelance provider link... I'll check it out, Dr.M.!

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]