Useless Backup

I started to seriously think about acquiring a back-up Internet connection for when pldt dsl is on the fritz a few months ago. Finally decided to get one this week and it's a prepaid wireless broadband thing that uses a USB dongle (globe tattoo).

Since it will only be used during what I would consider (it's subjective!) desperate situations, the cost of its use should be justified in spite the fact that the connection would be so slow compared to dsl. Besides, they shouldn't happen so often anyway. Well, that is what I keep telling myself.

But my anticipation for "peace of mind" was quickly shut down when I discovered that it did not receive much network signal from where it is positioned on the machine. For what it's worth, my cellphone's modem caught some signal around that area when I used it and they're on the same network!!! Yes, it was an urgent work situation and dsl was acting up so I hooked up my phone to the computer and used it as a modem. And that cost me 130 pesos in less than 10 minutes of connection -- and it's dial-up! Needless to say, I do not want to have to do that again.

Therefore, my backup is useless until I get a USB cable extension with signal booster. Headache. Until then, I pray our dsl would continue its fine state like how it is now. Pldt dsl is wonderful, really. It's just that there are times when it is not.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]