8.1 restart loop, final straw

Oct. 13, 2015, Tuesday
What now?
Did i press the power button the wrong way?

My Win 8.1 desktop was on a "repairing," bsod ("...a problem...), restart loop tonight with "bios update... creating bios image..." and error descriptions on the bsod occasionally showing up. Must say though, the bsod on 8.1 is not so scary.
*bsod (blue screen of death)

Of course, I tried to boot from my usb media but it wouldn't go through from 1-time boot, not even when I put it first on bios. Is my mobo faulty?

Dunno but something is.

Just waited for it to hang a 3rd time so I can power down for a fresh try in an hour or so.

4th Round. Somehow, it managed to repair itself and I was able to work until a bsod/restart came on. Twice, I had a 15-minute window to work. But before another bsod could come on again, I shut it down properly. Will see if it will be better (or worse) tomorrow.

one problem after another

When it rains, it pours. Been having one tech problem after another. It's wonderful when everything works and so affecting when it doesn't. Yes, it makes me sad.

But this is the final straw. I made up my mind. I'm getting a new laptop.

Oct. 14, 2015, Wednesday
It booted OK and is running fine so far.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]