Overnight at Acacia Hotel in Filinvest, Alabang

welcome to acacia hotel cupcakes

My cousin's on vacation so she stopped by the day before her flight home. We finally went through with our wishful-thinking plan (from years before) of just hanging out at a nice hotel to drink, eat, chat and sleep. It was spur of the moment!

Booked a deluxe, wheelchair-accessible room with a king-size bed at Acacia Hotel in Filinvest, Alabang for 1 night. We took their summer promo room rate of ₱5588 that includes breakfast buffet for 2 + ₱1875 (extra bed with buffet breakfast for 1 for my carer).

We waited for our ride, ate some dinner at home and left. We arrived at Acacia Hotel maybe after 10 p.m. I was in my wheelchair and didn't know what was happening at the check-in counter. I kept asking but my cousin said it was OK, she was paying the Php 3000 refundable deposit with cash. I signed the forms, they gave us 2 key cards and we were good to go.

THE DELUXE, WHEELCHAIR-ACCESSIBLE ROOM WITH KING-SIZE BED

At Acacia Hotel, a wheelchair-accessible room means the bathroom does not have a tub.

king bed at acacia hotel

acacia hotel closet robe, iron, safe, slippers

acacia hotel deluxe room closet

acacia hotel wheelchair-accessible room no bathtub

acacia hotel wheelchair accessible room rain shower toilet



acacia hotel deluxe room

DRINKS AND NACHOS DOWNSTAIRS

nacho grande

tequila sunrise, shirley temple, cyber lady

We wanted pizza but they said it will take 30-40 minutes -- menu items will take the kitchen that long to make daw, the nachos will be the quickest daw. We were hungry. The nachos took over 15 minutes to be served.

My cousin ordered their Cyber Lady cocktail. Cream is included in the ingredients. When it arrived, it didn't have cream. Did they make a mistake? No, the server said guests usually ask it to be omitted. My cousin said she wanted it the way it was described on the menu. They took her drink away to fix it. They brought it back with a hint of cream. It didn't taste any different.

We fought over who will pay the bill. We were being so silly it was hilarious. The server suggested we split it. I thought that was a good idea but... waah! My cousin paid! She stood up and went to the counter! I couldn't stand up! Sneaky! LOL

We went up, washed up, wore the bathrobes and talked all night. There was light out before we said goodnight. We didn't get any sleep (couldn't, really, because someone else in the room was snoring LOL) before we had to go down to the CS floor (Coffee Shop floor) or else we'd miss the breakfast buffet. Last call was 10 a.m.

BREAKFAST BUFFET AT THE CS FLOOR

If I ever go to a hotel buffet again, I might just give a kind server my plate to pile with fruit, meat and veggies as they wish rather than me rolling around trying to decide what I want when I couldn't see most of what's out on the tables.

my plate bacon, garlic rice, eggs, sausages and mustard dips, chicken

the rest of our table with desserts, sushi, and more

The parents drove up and joined us for breakfast. They made it just before the buffet closed. Stuffed. Glad we made it before they ran out of bacon. The breakfast buffet is ₱800++ pax and the 'rents have senior citizen cards so... discount, yay. Service was really good. My cousin and I fought for the bill again but this time, I fought harder -- when the lady was walking towards our table with the check, I used my serious voice and told her to come around to me, haha!

Went up to get ready to head out. Checkout time was 11 a.m. Signed more forms at the counter then my cousin gave me the receipt... she paid again! Why did they take it when I booked it my name?! She was paying with her atm card, ergo, cash! Sneaky! LOL

My kind, generous cousin paid for EVERYTHING! THANK YOU! (Me? Our "visitors'" breakfast lang! Waah!) So, I felt OK getting the much-needed prescription eyeglasses on our way home.

ACACIA HOTEL MANILA
5400 East Asia Drive cor. Commerce Avenue
Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang
Muntinlupa City 1781
Direct Reservation: (02) 720-2028 / (02) 588-5828
Information Desk: (02) 720-2000
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]