Chicken Curry and Piano-Playing


Slept in earlier so, no breakfast for me. Lunch was chicken curry and no, this wasn't made with coconut milk. For some reason, they've got a simplified version of a recipe. All they use are chicken pieces, potato wedges, ginger, curry powder, salt & black pepper, and evaporated milk -- voila, curry! It's all stewed together, apparently, until the meat is cooked. I think they've also done the same recipe with pork slices... I don't remember but that could work.

Ever since I've bought the Hopes and Fears album by Keane, I've been inspired to learn the song, Bedshaped, on the piano. Now, our instrument has been around for almost two decades so some keys stick and many notes are out of tune because we haven't had it correctly tuned lately. It is much of a challenge, I'm afraid, and my only shot seems to be limited to its intro and nothing else. Oh, and the fact that I am not really a good piano player is also a handicap so... I do what I can.

I've gone through three days of learning the Bedshaped intro (just the right-hand notes) and maybe I can insert some audio here to show how it's coming along. Mind you, I've only had maybe 20 minutes per day on the piano to work with since there are tax reports due next week -- busy time. The piano-playing is a good, relaxing break in between working at the computer and organizing documents. As long as I'm "inspired" I thought I'd take a crack at it.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]