Challenges of WAH and Egg Pie

When you're doing online WAH jobs, a lot of challenges pop up. For one, you rely on your pc. Two, you rely on your ISP. Three, you've got to have reliable clients. Four, you can't afford blackouts (or brownouts, as it's popularly called in the Philippines). And five... I can't think of a fifth one right now... Oh, I'm going to call this fifth one "unpredictables". lol! That would cover it.

The machine that I have now is working well. I've no complaints. Now, the ISP.... hmmm, there was this one time when some underwater cables or pipes were damaged during an earthquake last year. That was a really inconvenient.

Now, you got to have dependable clients. As you can see
here, not all 'big-time and they have a cool website' organizations are reliable. I am so lucky to have a dependable writing affiliate and transcribing affiliate right now.

And I also have an accounting job that doesn't entirely rely on the Web except for sending emails and files. I made it a point not to depend on just one WAH job because when you're doing freelance work, there's no guarantee that all of your clients will still be there in the long run.

There hasn't been a blackout here for quite a while. There has been a few flickers though. That sucks especially when you're in a middle of doing something on your machine and it shuts off. I'm using an AVR but it's so old that the power light's moving around. I don't know if that's normal... yikes.

They bought egg pie from Goldilock's tonight. It's smooth, creamy... a little sweeter than what I would've liked but it's OK. Oh well, at least it's not so hot here tonight. My fingers aren't sticking on the keys like last time.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]