GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]

globe at home no internet

Globe at Home: "Connected without internet"

================
11/4/2023 Saturday
================

12 Noon: We lost our wifi today.

After troubleshooting* a few times -- still no "internet" light on the modem; it is off while all other lights are green.

*Power off modem for 30 seconds and wait for it to boot up.

~2:45pm: I called Globe's customer service 211. It's free to call with a Globe #. Automated recording for broadband services - give your customer account # and wait for a human to answer.

I didn't wait too long -- The rep told me that since there's no advisory for my area, to keep troubleshooting because they might be able to fix it on their end later today, but she still put me down for a tech "home visit" for tomorrow. I received my report reference # via text message too. 

She said I will also give that ref # if I want to request for a "bill adjustment" later.

Modem status 4pm: I logged into the modem, the date/time is wrong-- it says 1970... DSL status is 'Up' but IPV4 and IPV6 are 'Disconnected.' So annoying not knowing how to fix this.  

6:50pm: Turned the modem off/on again. Still nothing but now, the DSL light is also off. Ugh. Maybe the modem's shot or the line? Frustrating.

================
11/5/2023 Sunday
================

Filled out our condo's work permit and had it signed this morning so the tech can enter the building. The 'end date' I wrote on the form is tomorrow, 11/6/2023, so I don't have to fill out a new one just in case. It's a Sunday today and the chances of someone coming is slim.

~12 Noon: A "dispatcher ng Globe" called to ask if the technicians called me yet. I said no one called but I did get automated text messages about my appointment. She asked if I had a work permit ready -- which made me think she handles our area -- I said yes, it's with the lobby receptionist. She also confirmed that I'm on the list for today's 1:00-5:00 PM visits. Hopeful.

6:13pm: Still no internet, and Globe's technician did not come. Sad.

================
11/6/2023 Monday FIXED
================

1:39pm: The Globe technician just left -- he fixed our internet! He replaced the faulty wire-to-wall connection. The wire and old socket were crumbly, he said cockroaches ipis probably got to the wire. He also tested the existing wifi modem, he said no problems there but he changed its power adaptor. Happy.

globe broadband home visit repair

Sidenote re: Billing Adjustment: Will I request it for the 2 days of no internet? Hindi na siguro. *UPDATE* I didn't have to! I checked my account and the bill was less P106.60 na 👍

Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]