I Cooked Pork Adobo

 I don't cook regularly but I think I know how. Like in cooking pork adobo, for example, there are various versions and your preference might lean towards what you grew up eating...

What I Grew Up With
Ours was salty, sweet, sour, oily, almost dry. It was delicious after it was boiled down and fried in its own fat, or they would add more oil at the end to do the job... They did not put potatoes when I was growing up. 

What I Made Last Night 
I cooked pork adobo last night. We had old potatoes that needed to be cooked that's why I added them here. 
saucy pork adobo

A few thoughts I had while cooking this were:

• Fry the potatoes first and set it aside to add later when the meat is almost tender

• Boil the pork with crushed garlic cloves, laurel leaves, peppercorn, and just a little bit of soy sauce because I will still adjust the taste later

• Only add sugar after the pork and potatoes are cooked because I only want to sweeten the sauce, not the meat

• It will really only start to taste like adobo after adding vinegar towards the end - it is still surprising how this just transforms the dish

• Leave it to boil over low-medium heat, uncovered

We already had tacos and hash browns for dinner so we ate this adobo for brunch today. Someone else heated it today and what I thought was... I forgot to tell them to add oil so it would fry. So instead of nostalgia, we had this glossy, saucy pork adobo with potatoes... Still yum though.
saucy pinoy pork adobo
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]