Electric Wheelchair - COSIN color 180H Outdoor

cosin electric wheelchair 180h
My Cosin Electric Wheelchair for Outdoors

UPDATE July 30, 2022: The wheel must be taken off to remove the battery box.

Long story: The lithium battery stopped taking a charge after 20 months -- I even bought a new compatible lithium charger and it still won't charge -- the seller suggested I ship the battery box via cargo to Cebu and they will "troubleshoot." Anyway, after chatting back and forth on how to remove the battery box, they confirmed with the manufacturer that the wheel must be taken off... Sad. 

We could not do it ourselves so this Cosin electric wheelchair is just sitting here unused and accumulating dust. FAIL 😭 And I have 2 lithium chargers that I do not know what to do with. 

The seller suggested shipping the whole chair, but it will be 2k pesos from Manila to Cebu. Plus cost of a new battery pack 8k pesos, if needed. Plus the cost of shipping it back to me 2k. It's not worth it.

MY REVIEW: Long battery life with lithium. BUT the battery box cannot easily be removed if it needs to be fixed or replaced.

--

November 20, 2020: It's here... My new electric wheelchair for outdoors was delivered yesterday. It's the "Color 180H" by Cosin Medical w/ rechargeable lithium ion battery for ~P30k. Purchased through Lazada seller "NB Trading" from Cebu. Shipment was delayed due to Covid situation, took ~12days to reach me. Too big for indoors, but perfect for outdoors cuz it's pretty powerful. The specs say it weighs ~35 kilos.

The not-so-good points: It BEEPS when you back up which is annoying. Not as smooth as my Golden Literider PTC cuz as you can see, this is a regular-sized adult wheelchair. It is BIG with big wheels but it will serve its purpose for going out of the house. The battery is lithium ion so this is not allowed on a plane as of now due to flight restrictions (I wonder if I can take the battery part out so it will just be a manual wheelchair at least.). Again, it's too wide and big for me, and too bulky for my tiny place.

The great points: The price. The arms can go up. The foot rests are detachable and can swing away. When the power's off, it's on manual mode na so it's very easy for someone to push cuz the wheels are big. It uses lithium ion batteries that should last longer which also makes this COSIN wheelchair lighter. It also has a seatbelt. You can find it/buy it here (Lazada): Foldable Electric Wheelchair COSIN 180H

The reason I bought this is that my Golden Literider PTC's battery/or charger is not holding a charge anymore since the end of October 2020 which means I cannot take it outside. Its battery indicator drops from full to red too fast, and its charger's LED goes from red to green within 2 minutes (even though I still leave it plugged in as usual). I bought my Golden powerchair in 2016 so that means I managed to keep its original batteries which are sealed lead acid (SLA) and charger going for 4.5 years which is not too bad cuz SLA batteries typically last only 6 months-2 years before they need to be replaced. I am hoping this is only a battery and/or charger issue which are things that I can find here in Metro Manila.

Golden literider PTC 160/162
My Golden Literider PTC 162
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Henry Rottmann said…
I'm 75 with arthritis and sometimes injured or ill.

I love my COSIN chair. I find it durable and it has a lasting charge. Can the batteries be easily remove to permit airline check in?
Da said…
Hello Henry, this COSIN wheelchair does hold charge quite well... We haven't tried removing the lithium battery so I don't know if it is easy to remove. There are screws around it, but you might need someone to do it for you because the wheel is in the way.

I would love to bring this on an airplane too, if possible. I flew with my Golden Literider (with sealed lead acid battery) and they just unplugged the power line and kept the battery in the chair. I have no experience flying with a wheelchair with a lithium battery yet - have you? Airlines have restrictions on lithium batteries allowed inside the cabin and cargo hold last I checked. Please share your experience when you do fly with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]