zalora philippines verify credit card


Since October 2012, my Zalora Philippines orders have been delivered by a Zalora messenger (previously, was through a 3rd-party courier). Nice to know that my area is being serviced this way.

So, the timeline of my latest completed order:
Jan 22, 2013, Tuesday, 2 a.m. - Ordered / paid for / received order confirmation
Jan 24, 2013, Thursday, morning - Package delivered by Zalora messenger
Excellent!

They changed their terms to date:
# Shipping is free only for purchases above Php1000.
# If paid with CC, they may ask for credit card and ID verification (saw this in the confirmation email; called them about it and they said there's a rise in CC fraud cases).

I don't think anyone likes the part about the credit card verification - totally takes the convenience out of online shopping. Also, no one wants to email an image of their CC and ID out - scary. So, it might be better to call first to see if your transaction went through OK; might find out that you don't need to give that sensitive info away unnecessarily.

About them handling complaints
I think they still delete complaints on their Facebook page; I've been visiting and noticing comments disappearing. I hope they quit doing that. There should be a flow, a story, a sequence of events... When customers complain, it's a chance to reply and of course, fix the problem. When customers are satisfied, some are bound to share their stories of how well Zalora handled their situation -- you can't beat a real-deal, unsolicited testimonial! So, please stop taking down complaints from your FB timeline even if the issue has been resolved, Zalora. You can handle it. Be bold. Re: earning great customer service reputation, think Zappos. I'm rooting for you.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Desh Vergara said…
I have given out only my credit card details to zalora when they asked through the confirmation email to send a copy of my card and ID. After that, I had unauthorized charges. They are afraid of fraud but they are fraudulent themselves. or, they have employed someone who is amateur enough to use someone's credit card. So beware..there is a thief in ZALORA.
Anonymous said…
Hi cdeshe2! Sorry to hear about that unfortunate experience. I'm Karen from ZALORA philippines, and I work with the PR team. Let me assure you that ZALORA takes extreme measures against fraud and that we only use your credit information for your authorized purchases. Please allow us to look into the matter. You can email me at karen.torres@zalora.com.ph. Please let us know what we can do to help you. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Hi cdeshe2! Please let us know how we can help you. I'm Karen from ZALORA Philippines, and I work with the PR team. Sorry to hear about your experience. Let me assure you that we take extreme measures against fraud, and if you would let us, please let us look into this situation. You can email me at karen.torres@zalora.com.ph Please let us know how we can be of help. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]