longsilog, summer dress in my head

today's longsilog

Thinking about making my own shirt-dress. I have this t-shirt that fits well and if it was longer, it could be a dress. I figure if I get 2 yards of good fabric {stretch cotton?}, I can lay this shirt down, mark the fabric on each side {a few inches out and longer at the bottom}, cut and sew them together. All by hand because we don't have a sewing machine. It's simple enough in my head and I know it will be easier if I know how to sew.

BUT I can drop the new fabric idea {spend zero money - yay} and use this guide with a man's dress shirt. There should be one around here, smelling of kulob but nothing a quick wash can't get off. Of course, what I will make will not come out as close to amazing as the ones on Dana's tutorial. Mine will probably look like a paper dress that you put on a cutout cardboard doll. Oh and the sleeves... how in the world am I going to do that?!? There might be blood, sweat and tears with this still-thinking-about-it-project; literally.

OR I can use an extra large t-shirt like what's in here. This looks so much simpler and I think a new plain t-shirt doesn't cost a lot.

Ideas. Ideas.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]