sardines and coffee

When there's no time to cook (except for rice - there must always be rice), open a can of Ligo sardines and all will be well in the (my) world.

I used to live off canned Ligo sardines (red can for hot and spicy, green for not) and canned Purefoods corned beef when I lived close to the uni I attended over a decade ago. It helped that I mostly ate in my room, alone, once every few days a week back then. With nothing but a rice cooker and a toaster oven, I was set.

A few years ago, I discovered that it was better to saute Ligo sardines with a quartered ripe tomato because it mellows it out - if you've got time to cook, that is. No onions for me, please - that is what it's typically sauted with - I dislike onions. On a warm skillet, dump in the sardines and sliced tomato. I like to break up the fish and keep sauteing until the tomato slices soften. Since everything's already cooked to begin with (just two ingredients lang), it takes less than five minutes to finish over medium heat. I like with garlic fried rice.


Instant three-in-one sugar-free coffee sachets are the best. But I only have one with half a cup of hot water 'cause any more than that, it gets very diluted and watery.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]