Network Timeouts

Frequent network timeouts messed up how fast I worked, was causing a headache - big time! It started last week and I did not want to bear it anymore! Finally decided to tweak router settings in hopes that the problem is stemming from there.

I took a screen shot of the original mtu setting - for future reference - and went with lowering its value. After a few ping tests, I put in the value that's slightly higher (the amount plus 28, in fact) of what did not show up as fragmented.

After restarting the machine, I braced myself. Decided to cool down so I left, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and came back.

It's been over an hour since the "restart" and so far, so good. A couple of network timeouts on mturk but refreshing quickly fixed it. So it isn't totally fixed but it's drastically minimized and refreshing works fast.

Unfortunately, some damage has been done since time-constrained hits on mturk that I've accepted were rendered "abandoned" because of the timeouts. Such a waste! Well, as I've said, so far so good. I don't want to do any more "tweaking" in the near future, that's for sure.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]