Not So Useless Anymore

Holy signal, Batman! There it is!


Lost Pldt dsl earlier so I tried my wireless modem again (globe tattoo). Since we moved furniture around a few days ago, the computer is in a different spot - not so far from where it was before but I thought I'd give this backup another try.

Hallelujah!

It detected the gprs signal at full bar initially which was still sucky in terms of speed. So I disconnected, changed network preferences to "wcdma only" and voila! It worked and caught the better signal! It's not as fast as our dsl but its speed was tolerable.

I am sure it would've been faster if it caught bars of the hsdpa/wcdma but what the heck -- it's not useless anymore!

Thank goodness our dsl came back after a half an hour since I had a lot to do. Nice to know that my backup's useful now, for peace of mind and all that.

Now, what about when electricity's out? The solution's obvious but impractical as of now. Oh well, will deal with that when I can.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]