Dammit PLDT

Yes, I'm angry. Last night, our Internet connection (PLDT DSL) went out for over 30 minutes. Today, it happened again! Dammit! I should have seen this coming. Last month, it happened for the first time.

There are three indicator lights on the modem and the middle, red light normally blinks quickly to mean that there's a good connection. Last month, that red light did not blink at all. Of course, I assumed that it was just us so I tried repairing the connection, checked the filter on our extension, took the cable out of the router and directly plugged it in to the PC, restarted everything -- nothing worked. The red light did not blink at all. I was so upset because I had something important due that I just shut if off and asked everyone I knew who use PLDT DSL if they had Internet connection. Unfortunately, no one was home to check theirs out.

After an hour or so, it came back. FYI, I did call PLDT and waited to talk to a human being but the connection came back up before someone actually picked up. This service has been pretty wonderful until yesterday and today (and that first time last month). The fact that it happened two days in a row is troubling me. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into a regular problem.

Come on! I work from home! This is really upsetting.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Anonymous said…
you're not alone. i work at home too and my pldt dsl always gets disconnected at the worst possible time. everyday i call their customer service and everyday a technician comes to our home to check what's wrong, except whenever they come, my connection is back on again. *sigh* isnt there any other ISP that gives better service than pldt?
Da said…
Hi Kaye. I know! It's one of the worst things that can happen to us, WAH folks.
I suppose there are cable ISPs (Sky or some other cable company's) but I assume that when the cable's out, the Internet connection will go out too. In our case, our cable has gone out (especially when it rains hard) more times than PLDT's so my best bet (to date) is to stick with PLDT.
So far, there hasn't been a problem (thank goodness!) with the connection as of this last entry. I am still on pins and needles - dreading the time that it will happen again. Oh dear.

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]