Gavottes and the French Language

After dinner, I've finished off one chocolate NutriBar (that was so sweet - I can't believe the pack said that it was a low-calorie snack!!!) and sampled a Gavottes crispy choco crepe. Now, I feel a bit heady from the chocolate -- I get that sometimes, okay, most of the time. :) Gavottes was good but it's nothing exceptional, I'm afraid. BTW, it's made from France and I've been trying to learn the French language! Coincidence?!? LOL Nah, it's all in my head. :D

Well, I found this amazing website called FrenchPod and so far, I've learned how to ask someone their name (and introduce myself too), ask where the toilets are and so on in French. It's so informal and very fun. I listen to podcasts and... well, just go to the FrenchPod website and you'll see what I mean. It's the conversational, every day sort of stuff and of course, I'm on the Newbie level and I don't think I'll ever get farther than that. Honestly, it's not like I'm going to France any time soon - or ever! LOL It is just a beautiful language, I think.

Now, I wonder, how would my name be pronounced in French?
Je m`appelle Dana.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Dada!

Just wondering... what's that NutriBar you're referring to that's low-calorie? Sounds interestingly good!

Mike
Da said…
Mike, that's just it - NutriBar. I'm sure I looked at the manufacturer's name (because I always read labels) but I forget who makes it.
Unknown said…
Hi Dada!

Came across this "NutriBar" made by Growers. I don't suppose this was the one you were referring to? The Choco Chip flavor's good! Not too sweet!

Mike
Da said…
Yup - I think that's it, Mike. Glad you like it.

I think that most things taste "so sweet" to me. I'm a little nuts like that. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]