B-E-B! Yum! & Adobe Premiere for AVP

BEB - Buffalo wings, Egg, Bacon - YUM!
























Buffalo wings were from last night... they look good! Spicy, meaty, messy. lol!

What was left was like 3/4 of the fried rice. I don't know, I just felt like eating all the protein on my plate.

A friend of mine is getting married this month and I made them an AVP (audiovisual presentation) - actually, I made two - that they'd show during the reception in addition to the "on-site" wedding AVP. My first effort was around three months long since I've been doing it on and off with my WAHJs. When I showed it to my friends, the verdict was -- boring! Nyee!

So, I had to (and desperately wanted to) spruce it up a bit - did more frames and effects and colors. None that are "tacky" though, I don't like "tacky" effects like hearts and stars. lol! Anyway, I did that for when I started to get the hang of Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 (it's an old version). And that was just yesterday.

It's like, not thinking about it for two weeks then... BAM! I just got it! It was cool. Anyway, the final cut was a definite improvement and I'm happy with it.

The problem I had with the program at first was that I exported it to a movie file which converted it to a .avi file. The playback was terrible because it wasn't smooth and the size was over 700mb for a 3-minute song. That's huge! I had to import that .avi file to Windows MovieMaker so that it'd play smoothly. Now, the drawback to that was the quality of the AVP went down... so low that you'd think it was from a pirated VCD. Bleh!

The solution came to me just yesterday - yep, after I did the last job for my affiliate who pays me through MoneyBookers. Something just changed after that, like, no more worries, you know? Okay, back to the solution. I was going through the practical export options with Adobo Premiere and there's three of them - movie, media encoder, and direct to DVD.

Okay, the "movie" export option was what I first used so I didn't want to use that anymore. What's the use of making it all pretty when it wouldn't play well and it'd eat up all your drive space?!? Yeah.

Then, I tried the "export direct to DVD" thing. I slapped on one of my DVD-RW's (I only have one! hehe) and went ahead with it. It worked perfectly except that the pictures went outside the frame like the frame parameters weren't followed. Oh well... Sayang. But what went to the DVD was a playable file that'll play on a digital videocam, DVD player, even a VCD player (I think I saw "VCD" on a folder when I explored it) - so that's good to know. But I couldn't use it for this so that's a bust.

This last one was the winner - media encoder. When I clicked on it, it asked me to activate it first. Initially, I thought that I had to key in the product key or something (which I didn't have) but after I read it for a while, it was like I was going to "get" the code. Okay, so I went ahead with it.

It opened the Adobe site with the activation code. Great, I copied it to the activation window and it worked. I chose the generic/custom setup since I didn't known what the other stuff were and it exported it to an MPEG or .mpg file. Hey, most computers can play that file, right? Windows MediaPlayer can, what more the other fancy-dandy ones right?

So, with that all good and done, I proceeded to export with "media encoder" with custom setup (MPEG file) and saved it on my computer. EUREKA! It worked and it's just 52MB! The playback was fantastic and I thought that this was it! Now... to the burning issue... burning to DVD, that is. lol!

Well, we have USB drives or flash disks but everyone wants to have a backup on everything else so a DVD's a safe bet. I burned it on my DVD-RW (it deleted the playable file that I burned before that with the "direct to DVD" thing) and saved it as a data file. When I played it back... it worked brilliantly! Yay! I was more motivated to make it prettier now too knowing that it'll work! lol!

Hopefully, they do get to play it during their reception. Oh, and the other AVP I did - I used Windows MovieMaker since it was almost 14 minutes long.

Now, I'd hate to have gone through all of that to know later on that they weren't able to show it ha! Well, at least I learned how to use Adobe Premiere to make audiovisual presentations - at a novice level, of course. lol! Maybe after their wedding I can ask their permission if I can post it here... we'll see.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]