My Everest is Finally Here

While I was proofreading the transcript (the one that I was talking about in my previous post), I was asked if I was willing to take on a new podcast that's due on Tuesday. I asked how long it was and they said it was 20 minutes long. "Sure," I said "that's great." They said that they were going to send the email asap. Okeydokey.

So, I got the transcript done and I submitted it WAY before the deadline. Yay! That's when I saw the new email assignment. I thought, "Wow, there's less people working on this batch."

I started to download this new podcast that I thought was going to be fairly easy since I've had really clear audio to work with so far. That is, until this one! OMG! Yeah, it was just 20 minutes but speakers (there's more than three of them too!) with Scottish accents?!? WOW! This is my Mt. Everest, to date. Plus, it's not that clear either because it sounds like it's from inside an auditorium. Oh well... I got to do what I got to do.

Speaking of mountains - though I'm not talking about the actual... Oh, you get my point - I 'had' to eat a very sweet "biko" today. Yup, I was forced to eat it. I had to eat that super sweet yet very appetizing-looking piece of dessert today.

It's just that they brought me a slice and it was a small slice too and it'd be just rude to send it back. The first bite was OK. I thought, "I can finish this." And I took another bite and... ah... there's that 'the sweet's hurting my throat' thing happening. And after three big fork-fulls later (just to clear the plate), I was starting to feel that sugar-rush. And now, my head hurts. Sigh. I don't like sweets.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like ALL desserts. I just don't like them super sweet ones. Oh well. That's just me.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]