Hot and Heavy Here and More Hotkeys Too

I'm going to talk about the weather, all right? And more on Express Scribe (I'll call that 'ES') too.

I didn't think it was possible but my glasses are fogging up from the humidity. I've decided to keep the a/c off since I figured it'd be worst if it was cold in here and when I'd step outside, it'd be too hot.

That's how most people get sick in the Philippines -- they'd be working in a centralized air conditioned office or space then they'd go outside, the heat would hit them hard. They'd catch something inside (from a coughing or sneezing colleague) and then they'd feel worse from the heat outside.

It's not like I'm going to catch a virus from anyone since I work alone. But I can't afford to get sick, just like everyone else. Sick 'of' the heat is more appropriate, I guess.

I've mentioned before that I changed my f6 hotkey control on ES. It did help me transcribe a little faster. But after that, the f5 bugged me because I also unintentionally hit it more than once while I was working. It bugged me because it made the ES window become active. So when I continued to type, it wouldn't show in the document and I had to alt-tab to get back to it.

Since I didn't have time to change the default command for f5 that time since I was in a rush to get the transcript done, now, I do have time. And it's just the right time to get ready for the new audio I'm going to get this week.

I decided to use "copy timestamp" for the f5 hotkey. At first, I expected the timestamp to automatically show on the document when I press f5 -- I was wrong. It took me a while to figure out that it only copied it and that I 'had' to paste it... duhhh.

Anyway, it did work. I pressed f5 on a speaker start then pressed 'ctrl-v' and voila! It appeared on the document. It helps because you wouldn't have to peek at the ES window and type the whole timestamp. It's just that I'm going to need to go back and put the brackets in as I go over the transcript.

I'll see how that goes when I work on a new transcript this week. That is, if the client instructs us to use timestamps, of course. If all goes well, I just might look into getting a foot pedal... in the 'far' future. lol!


Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]