Eyeing the Home Stretch

I'm eyeing the home stretch for the podcast transcript that I have to turn in tomorrow. I'm at 00:58:49 into the 60 minute audio. I intend to finish the transcript tonight so tomorrow, all I have to do is proofread and edit it. Sigh. This is so satisfying.

What's more, I can send my transcription bill after I submit this project. Call it counting eggs (before they're hatched and all that) but I'm very excited to see my first transcription pay. I really am.

My bookkeeping work's piling up though. A lot of the documents are laying on my desk waiting to be organized and recorded. But I'm not too worried about that. I've been doing that for almost five years now and I know exactly where everything goes and what I need to do. Also, I've already sent in their annual financial statements (annual income taxes are due next month, you know) so that's settled.

As for my content-writing, that is not looking too good either. I've only managed to submit one article this week. This transcription work is taking all of my time, it seems. But I like it so I've no complaints. I can proudly say that I'm improving too as a transcriber. The learning curve is so quick (is that the right adjective?) that I've worked up to being able to transcribe ten minutes in three hours. Hey, before that took me five hours ha. lol!

The biggest question here now is, "Will I actually get paid doing transcription?" Well, I'll find out soon enough, wouldn't I?
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Anonymous said…
How in the world can I get started in transcription if everybody wants EXPERIENCE? I have my computer, foot pedal and Express Scribe. Please email me. Banta426@Hotmail.com
I would so much appreciate your help. What team did you join?? You mentioned a team.
Do you know of any Transcription companies that hire beginners?

Mary Lou B.
Da said…
Hello, Mary Lou B. At the moment, I know one company for freelance transcribers. It's scribie.com. Visit their "Work for Us" link {it's on the upper right side} to see all the info you'll need on how to apply, etc. No experience required -- follow their instructions, pass their test and you'll be good to go. Pay is US$1 for every 6 minutes of audio, that is low for transcription but I suppose they try to be competitive to get more clients. Work is irregular - some months there's a lot of available audio, some months it's scarce. Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]