Amazon Shipping Philippines


This is going to be a good, happy entry.
And find news about our crippled Internet connection from the day before yesterday, below.
So to keep this short and sweet, circumstances of this order were:

Seller - Amazon (dotcom, obviously -- the country isn't included in the international "marketplace payments by amazon" so we can't order from other sellers on the site. Hopefully, the Philippines would be on that list soon.)

Item - one music CD ("Closer" by Better Than Ezra, as you can see. It's enhanced too - with extras, nice.)

Shipping - international expedited (shipping and handling is $17.98). I chose it even if the standard route just became available 'cause I did not want to wait very long and be anxious if it will even arrive and when. Reference: horror stories of pinoys who've waited months for deliveries. It's a potential "I told you so" so I didn't risk standard shipping.

Delivery Time - shipped on July 31st and arrived on our doorstep August 12th. Twelve days, very good time. Estimated arrival of this item was supposed to be the 25th but it arrived a lot earlier than expected. Wonderful.

This is first-hand experience and I am extremely happy. But will I order again and have it shipped here?

No, but not never. Not this year, anyway. I wanted to test it and I'm happy that it all went down so well in my case. Besides, I've used up my most of my gift certificate balance for this one transaction. It's not practical for me, in any case, so I'll do what I've always done - buy presents for my nieces with my amazon GC's from mturk.

On a different note, our Internet connection (pldt dsl) was horrible/unmanageable from noon of the 12th and all day on the 13th. Couldn't do anything, it was terrible. Was excited to post about my happy amazon shopping experience then but I was greeted with this news:

It wasn't reported until late that afternoon. I guess they needed confirmation first. It did take a long time to download this from zdnetasia, by the way, but it was a relief to read it. Thankfully, our connection went back to normal before midnight yesterday - the 13th. It's working fine now. Hope those cables don't break again.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Malds Menzon said…
on a related note, amazon doesn't ship items belonging to some categories like electronics out of the US. Most of the other stuff are fine though. But there is a bypass to this and i got my earphones shipped to the philippines through Johnny ait. Heres how i did it:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-buy-items-from-amazon-and-have-them-shipped-to-the-Philippines
Zee said…
Hi. Is the delivery door to door? Did they collect payment for duties/taxes?
Da said…
hi zayda. so far, i can only speak for amazon's "expedited international" shipping -- they were delivered straight to my house by a private courier and no, they didn't ask for fees when the packages arrived. hth

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]