Presumptuous Musing 1

Been in low spirits this past week - wasn't really up to blogging until yesterday. And still that post was obviously cheerless, to say the least. In an effort to work around this gloom, I'm going to impose some presumptuous music musings today so I apologize in advance. But trying hard to sound like I know a bit about something that I hardly have an idea about -- is going to be fun.

Added the pet shop boys' "rent" to my deezer playlist two weeks ago. Hearing it definitely puts a smile on my face. Who cannot like this line, "I love you, you pay my rent"?!? Loving it. I could do away with the non-sung (?) lines though cos they're too obvious, maybe put there just to fill up the melody with lyrics. I think the non-sung (hey, it's not literally "unsung" so leave the parody alone obviously) lines made it dated (psb's "rent" is from the 80's). Just a shame cos it would've been timeless if it weren't for those parts.

Taking it from just one song, pet shop boys are my fave nasal-singing band of all time! Oh, and forget their "opportunities" - I don't like it one bit. Well, I like one verse from it that I forget right now. Well, I am biased cos I do lean towards less popular songs... oh, this post's title should make up for not explaining myself, haha.

Next on the agenda - It was an utter shame seeing the script's music video of "talk you down". They do make cheesy videos (n.b. there only four, to date) but this one takes the cake. Oh, the humiliation. Why can't they just do it raw and play rather than taking lyrics too literally in their videos. I can see it now... their rising commercial popularity directly lowering my favor for them.

OK, getting off my high horse now...
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]