Headset Makes All the Difference

I bought a better headset last month from a friend because our old A4Tech one was LOUSY (to say the least!). The old one costs a little over 300 pesos which goes to show how much I got out of it which wasn't a lot! After a few months, the fit gave way and I was already pressing the earphones to my ears just so I would hear better with it. That made some of my transcription work harder than they should be, for sure.

It would also slide off my head when I would accidentally tug its cable. It was stressing me out so when my friend asked if I wanted to buy a used, good-quality headset... it was kismet! I immediately decided that I was going to go for the offer even if I haven't seen it yet... Well, not totally because I wanted to make sure that the fit was perfect and everything worked well, of course.

When my friend brought it over so I can test it out, I did everything to see if it was all right. So, the fit was good. It was a bit tight at first but now, it feels better on my ears -- fits perfectly now, actually. I think I can also tighten it too if I wanted to because obviously, my friend tightened it before bringing it over.

I plugged it in - tested the audio, tested the microphone where I used the recorder and called someone on VoIP (my voice sounded excellent daw), and played around with its little control pod for the sounds. Everything looked good so I bought it.

So now, I am using a Plantronics headset and I may have (actually, I am sure that I have) paid more than normal since it is previous-owned but it does feel and look brand new so I let that extra cost slide. See, a brand new one retails at $25 and my friend's asking price for the "slightly used" one is a little over 1000 pesos. But I didn't need to go out of the house to buy a headset so it's all good - I am actually grateful that my friend had something on hand at that point in time when I needed a better headset immediately.

Having this Plantronics headset (fits well, works well) makes all the difference. It sure helped me go over my last transcription assignment quicker than when I was using the old, lousy A4Tech one. My Skype calls to my nieces have been wonderful too because they can hear me perfectly well over it. Plus, listening to music with this on, has been - is great.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]