At last! A Book from Amazon

It is a used book but the point is that I've actually reaped my turker reward again. It cost a penny and the shipping charge was $3.99, so that's $4.00 total. My mturk earnings was enough to cover it... those pennies added up well. lol!

Again, I've sent it to a US address so it'll be delivered faster. I expect it to arrive soon. So excited. See, it's from "thriftbooks" that's a separate dealer who works via amazon so I don't know how long it'll arrive. They said to expect it between May 24th to June 12th. That's so much better than having to wait 4 to 12 weeks if I had opted to send it here.

Also, what I've found out about amazon is that some independent dealers don't accept amazon gift certificates for purchases. For example, "The Body Shop" doesn't accept them. I tried to buy these towel exfoliants that I bought my mom last Christmas -- I wanted one for myself -- and when I got to the cart, it said that the dealer didn't accept amazon GC's. Nyee... too bad. They were cheaper online too. Oh well...

I had to make adjustments to my "wishlist" after that. There were these French headbands too that I was ready to buy but the dealer didn't accept GC's. Sayang. They were cute and they're supposed to be these super cool things that weren't supposed to pinch too (some buyers also attested to it) but... sorry, dealer doesn't accept GC's. Sigh.

Oh, the book's called Left Behind. It's the first in the series. I recognized it when I saw it because a friend was raving about it like four years ago and she said that she'd lend it to me when it got back to her. Turned out, her other friends borrowed it too and I never got to read it.

Anyway, it's fiction and from the description of it being a "used book", it said that it had creases and library stamps but it's in good condition. I'm OK with that. Eager to see if it really is in "good condition" when it arrives.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]