Pesky Brownout (a.k.a. Blackout, lol!)

We just had a three-hour long blackout.

I was working on my desktop when I heard an explosion from across the street. It sounded like it was from across the street so I assumed that that's where it came from. Right. lol! Anyway, then our electricity went out. And I was almost finished with an article too! Dang!

So I went outside because there was still light out. It was 5 o'clock, I think. I worked on my bookkeeping until it got dark. I asked for a candle which kept blowing out because it was fairly windy too. Good thing the weather wasn't humid at all tonight.

After two hours, I called our electric company to report this power outage - which affected just the houses on our street, it turns out - and they said that several reports were already made. Okay.

So after dinner by candlelight, I decided to use this oil lamp that was a present from like, two Christmases ago. It was pretty and directions said that there's parafin oil inside the bottle. Cool. Anyway, we got the wax seal out and inserted the wick and the cover. It worked well. By now, I was working with a candle and an oil lamp. But what am I going to do with these mosquitoes? Yup, it was a bite fest for these little insects too.

An hour later, we got power! Yay!

Here I am back on the computer. Good thing the outage didn't damage this machine -- my online income machine. Phew!

Right, after raving about not having any outages for a long time - this happens! lol! Good thing that I didn't have any assigned audio too or else this outage would've been a pain on my transcription job. Also, I found the article that I was working on earlier. Unfortunately, it was a saved document that didn't reflect the changes I made right before the blackout. Sigh.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]