Free Time on FIBS

I haven't been playing backgammon for a while, I've noticed. So, today I connected to FIBS to see what's the up and up. I have a "friends" list on there... most of them are "bots" too since they're always available - except when they're playing a 15-pt match or something with someone else, of course.

What's interesting though is that someone actually recommended me on FIBS. Cool. That must be the guy who was surprised that I came back to continue our match. That was, oh, a long time ago. lol!

See, I got disconnected in the middle of our game so I had to sign back in. He was still there and I immediately invited him to continue our saved match. He accepted and I told him that I got disconnected and that I was sorry. He said that it was OK and that he got up to get coffee, assuming that I was a dropper. So he was really surprised to see me back on. I think I won that match too, by the way. He was nice.

I should've added him to my friends' list but I haven't seen him around after that. Oh well.

Anyway, most of the bots were busy so I went to the "Ready" players' window that listed who was ready to play... duh. I saw that this one expert bot was there - I didn't add that one to my 'friends' because I was scared of it (!) - and since I wanted to play already, I invited it to a one-point game. And I won! yay!

Though it's been said that most of the time, the reason why beginners win against these expert or advanced bots in backgammon is when they play low-point matches because the cube's not in play. That's the doubling cube, but the way. lol!

OK, back to work. TGIF!
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

wicket said…
I'm glad you love it so much as it pisses me off. The computerized dice is very predictable and why should I get more points playing someone better than me? It tracks your play some how and screws with you. There are people who have played in excess of 100,000 games and are not much better than me. Also the more you drop the more it screws with you. Dropping is not aways the players fault. Whatever I am finished with it.

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]