Worn and torn

The powerchair after just 2 months

One black plastic cap over a front wheel is lost, seat is squeaking, motor is tick-tick-ticking... Phew.

It's been gate-checked at airports 4 times (airline staff here in the US are so used to it that it's great traveling now), strapped inside wheelchair-accessible cab (once) and shuttles (twice), wheeled through some small streets (even brick so it hurt my head because my chair does not have shock absorbers), disassembled to fit in an SUV full of groceries, wheeled through sand (tried to but failed - I got stuck and had to be pushed back to the cemented walkway - terrifying), through grass (never again - dirty and uneven ground), through wet ground (ick), drizzle of rain (ack - this is an electric wheelchair, you know)... What else?

Point is, I can't keep it pristine, clean and all in one piece. At this point, I'm happy it's still working and I'm free to move around by myself - yipee!

Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]