Fire, Showers and Pending Order

Woke up to a fire truck's siren this morning. Turned out, there was a fire four houses down the street from us. It wasn't a big fire (thank goodness). They said some old, stacked wood at the back of the house caught fire. Inhaled a bit of smoke, though, but it wasn't overpowering - just tickled the back of my throat, that's all.

And just like that, it rained a couple of hours later. It was a welcome shower (with a bit of thunder too) and it is quite cool right now. I am savoring this weather - ahhh...

On a bad note, there's no water. I guess they shut it off just before noon, probably to do some cleaning. Hope it comes back up soon.

Phoned the online computer store Saturday. When I ordered last Friday (see previous post), I expected a call about the shipping cost and if my order was in stock (as said on their step-by-step ordering guide). When I didn't get one by five o'clock, Saturday, I called them up. Apparently, they were out of what I originally ordered and they suggested another brand which was on sale. I took it (since there wasn't any other PS2 optical mouse available) and they informed me of my shipping cost.

So, I said that I'd deposit the total cost to one of their banks Monday (today) and asked when I can expect to receive it. They said that it'd take one to two days via JRS Express (I think) from dispatch after they receive my proof of payment. The person I talked to was very friendly and was all-business -- I liked how he managed the conversation.

I won't disclose the name of this online computer store just yet. I'd rather rave about them at this point so I prefer to have my brand new optical mouse in hand and working before I make them worth remembering.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]