lips swollen March 19-22 update

allergy swollen lip

This was taken on March 19 and the worst that the swelling has gotten on my upper lip. I had to use a teaspoon to eat.

March 19, '16 SATURDAY
Woke up, same: swollen & crusty-white. Upper lip's bigger than yesterday's. REALLY BIG. Took 5mg Cetirizine in the afternoon. But the Cetirizine is not helping with the swelling and because it doesn't itch, I'll stop taking it.
I was told to increase my Medrol (Methylprednisolone, a maintenance rx for my myositis) from every other day to once a day to see if it'll make a difference. Will start this tonight.
*Took 4mg Medrol tonight. Applied petroleum jelly again too; it's soothing.

March 20, '16 SUNDAY
It made a difference! Still woke up with white crust along border but the swelling has gone down significantly. Feels tingly too; maybe because it's healing? Still slathering on petroleum jelly.
*Took 2mg Medrol tonight.

March 21, '16 MONDAY
Woke up: Swelling all but gone. No crust on lower lip, some crust on upper lip. Borders feel tight, tingly and raw. It's getting better.
*Took 2mg Medrol & applied petroleum jelly again.

March 22, '16 TUESDAY
Woke up: Almost normal. Still raw.
*I'll drink no more meds for this. Will only continue applying petroleum jelly. It's getting better everyday. This should be my last update on this then.
Previous Post
« Prev Post
Next Post
Next Post »

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cold, Windy, Audacity, Congee

Paymaya duplicate account 2018 [fixed]

GlobeAtHome no internet [fixed]